Inject-EX™ Brand Injection Molding Machines
Designed to eliminate deficiencies of the Reciprocating Screw and V-Line Plunger technology
GET A BETTER MELT SYSTEM
The patent pending Inject-EX™ System is an improved Injection Molding Machine design that employs a non-reciprocating (stationary) helical plasticating screw housed within a heating/cooling cylinder that is coupled to a plunger head assembly, drive housing and motor that Conveys, Melts, Homogenizes and Injects molten polymeric material more precisely and efficiently, along One Axis, comprising a unitary Inject-EX™ Unit.
The patent pending Inject-EX™ Brand Molding Machine featuring the patented Edex Machinery Co. LTD, unique two platen Servo Hydraulic Clamp System. The system delivers; 1. Uniform pressure. 2. Less machine footprint. 3. Low opening and closing friction for energy efficiency. 4. Precise Servo Driven movement. 5. The maxi-mum deformation is less than two ten thousandths, and the Corinthian pillar design is well known and robust. 6. There is no heavy wear and tear, and the service life is more than ten years.
The patent pending Inject-EX™ Brand Injection Molding Machine is a collaborative effort between Edex Machinery Co. LTD (edex.com.tw) and Md Plastics Inc., that designed to address the major deficiencies of the 70 year old reciprocating screw and V-Line plunger designs. The Inject-EX™ technology will offer processor benefits listed below:
- Instantaneous independent mechanical shutoff of the plunger head isolates the melt pool from the screw melting chamber. This feature allows for discrete monitoring and control of the Melt pool for improvement in shot control.
- Precise volumetric change of the Melt pool if Melt Decompression is used.
- Since shutoff occurs mechanically and is independent of the motion of the screw/plunger assembly, smaller shots that require less mass displacement will have greater control.
- No change in solids bed compaction due to the inherent reciprocating screw design.
- No need for Melt decompression to Seat the NRV.
- Additional programming logic can be utilized during recovery to minimize shot variation by keeping the screw in a fixed axial position while rotating the screw to pressurize the Melt pool for precise density.
- Energy efficiency due to a more isolated direct melting process for lower operating expenses…less energy/unit mass output.
- Isolation between the melting chamber and Melt pool allow for a more precise measurement of volumet-ric mass displacement and hence Good-Bad part discrimination using our Melt-Profiler Melt Sensing Technology allowing for 24-7 part history records and Good-Bad part discrimination.
WHY YOU NEED THE
INJECT-EX™ INJECTION MOLDING MACHINE
Improving Viscosity Variation and Melt Homogeneity with the stationary Posi-Melt™ plasticating screw. Every pellet traverses along the axis of the screw delivering consistent exposure to shear, conductive heat and homogenization regardless of the shot size.
Eliminating the variation in the amount of polymer downstream of the NRV due to constant pressure flow changes along the flight channel! The use of Melt Decompression to assist NRV closure is eliminated.
Eliminating the variation in the Quantity of Melt displaced due to inconsistent NRV closure! Our patented Plunger Head opens on flow/pressure and closes instantaneously for the most precise part weight variation in the industry!
Isolation of the plasticating screw melt channel from the prepared melt pool offers the ability to measure and control the melt pool for precise displacement of the polymer melt and giving the Injection Molding Machine enough data to know if a Good or Bad Part was produced!